This essential Lake Myvatn Classic tour is only available from Akureyri in North Iceland and takes you to some of the most spectacular and unique places on the island!
You'll visit Lake Mývatn, the 4th-largest lake in Iceland, surrounded by lava fields, craters, panoramic views and amazing bird life; the stunning Goðafoss waterfall, plus Dimmuborgir - a unique area of lava sculptures and rock formations; and the bubbling mud pits, steaming vents, volcanoes and craters at Hverir. Your day will finish up with some well-earned relaxation time at the Mývatn Nature Baths where you can enjoy bathing in the relaxing geothermal water.
Weather changes fast in Iceland, so be well dressed in layers with a warm hat and gloves, good shoes (shoe spikes are encouraged) and your best coat is always recommended.
- Available tour dates and departure times available to view during the booking process
- Transfers: The tour transfer coach will arrive outside your Akureyri hotel or guesthouse beginning 15 minutes prior to the tour’s official start time.
- Local, professional and expert guide
- Online offer only
- Tour duration: Approximately 7-8 hours
- Tour operators will not pick up or drop off passengers at hotels/guesthouses outside Akureyri
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Not included with this tour: Entrance fees, lunch or refreshments during mid-tour stop for lunch, and/or any other services charged per person
- Tour operated by The Traveling Viking
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.
Email providers may not recognize the confirmation email sent at the time of booking, so be sure to check your SPAM or Junk folders if you haven't received it within 48 hours of confirming your purchase online.