This three-hour cruise provides you the chance to see minke, white-beaked and humpback whales!
During the summer, wildlife in the bay is at its peak, with sightings of harbor porpoises and other whale species, including Orcas and even Fin whales. In the winter, it’s a whole new experience with the fresh, crisp air and a low-lying sun casting a warm glow over the white-capped mountains. The weather and sea conditions can be challenging during the winter and when necessary, vessels are moved to harbors of more sheltered areas around the Reykjanes peninsula, allowing for a more comfortable and reliable whale watching experience. Please note, tours are subject to weather conditions and visibility.
- Whale watching tour with a professional guide
- Use of warm overalls onboard
- Available tour dates and departure times available to view during the booking process.
- Transfers: The tour transfer coach will arrive outside your accommodation (Reykjavík only) beginning 45 minutes prior to the tour’s official start time. Please note: If your accommodation is not a valid pick-up location, find the nearest tour pick-up / drop-off location to you by entering your hotel address here.
- Operated year round; approximate duration 3 hours
- Online offer only
- Wildlife abundance is unpredictable and sightings are not guaranteed
- Tours departing prior to 12pm are not recommended for passengers with morning arrivals from North America
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour
- Tour operated by Elding
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.
Email providers may not recognize the confirmation email sent at the time of booking, so be sure to check your SPAM or Junk folders if you haven't received it within 48 hours of confirming your purchase online.